Friday, February 22, 2008

Concerning First Few Classes

After the first few classes I want to reflect on two films, specifically Lemon and Mirror. Both these films were very avant-garde in my opinion and I'm not sure if I will ever get used to that style. When I watch these films, I can't help but keep asking myself, how does someone make a living by filming a lemon for 8 minutes or walking around in front of the camera with a mirror. It just seems bizarre to me that people can find true meaning and enjoyment from these things.
However, when seeing these very avant-garde type films, I do enjoy the different ways of seeing that are presented. Especially with Mirror, I truly enjoyed the different feeling you got of the moving frame within the frame. The reflection of the actually filmmaker also caught my interest as well and made me think about the possibility of viewers seeing the filmmaker in the process of picking out what they want their viewers to see (if that makes any sense).

No comments: